Articles of wisdom, tools and techniques.
Yesterday when archiving my inbox I came across emails from two dear friends who died a couple of years ago.
In the social era what matters is not that you have an open door policy, it’s whether people walk in.
Leadership development is big business. Millions of dollars are spent on researching leadership, publishing innumerable books and training aspiring leaders.
Over the last few weeks I have been reading regular bulletins from a leader of a small organisation- part of an attempt to help the organisation connect across silos.
Listening is my new theme. I want to talk about it over and over again because nobody is listening.
A link to an article By Simon in the SMH this morning talks about the all pervasive principle of the 'end justifying the means', or the "we will do what it takes" attitude around stopping the boats/ asylum seekers.
I’d just spent the day listening to employees sharing issues.
Did you know that we all have different Ethical Literacy styles? That we use different assumptions about our choices and decisions and reactions to events that occur based on our preferred implicit code of values and principles? Some people make decisions based on assessments of care for others or of implications for character; others on the basis of duty or consequences.
I heard today of a senior manager saying to his team, “I’ve been told by management to tell you we are building a values based culture”.
How often do we engage in self righteous justifications or proclaim peoples' rights to do anything from spending the rent money to killing another in the name of honour? Last night Australian moral philosopher, Raimond Gaita (Romulus My Father) spoke at the St James Ethics Centre Forum series.
- Trust in temporary groups May 14, 2019
- Why executive coaching? It’s very simple – and very human. March 6, 2018
- Collaboration by Design (It’s not who you know, it’s who knows you (even when you’re unaware of it). June 18, 2017
- “In trust we collaborate” (or is it “In collaboration we trust?”) January 31, 2017
- What legacy will you leave online? November 3, 2015
- Your Door is Open – but do your people walk in? October 29, 2015
- Leadership Development for the future October 26, 2015
- Has leading authentically got limits? August 1, 2015
- Trusting Trust July 2, 2015
- Further Reflections of Listening June 2, 2015