WHAT WE DO
Service solutions that are bold, innovative and effective.
02 | One to one Coaching
WHAT IT IS
Organisational Coaching is a well-researched action learning process for bringing about positive and enduring changes for individuals and groups. It involves a series of one-to-one dialogues designed to assist individuals and teams to maximise their potential, to learn and grow in order to perform and contribute fully to the success of the organisation.
WHY USE IT
- Enhance leadership by improving communication and people relationships
- A sounding board for ‘C’ suite leaders
- The development of EQ and SQ
- Adopt the art and science of difficult conversations
- Develop and lead highly collaborative teams
- Assist people to step up into a new role or onboard to a new organisation and or culture
- Develop political savvy at senior levels
- Work through major life/work issues
- A sounding board for difficult strategic issues
- Conflict Coaching
- Leadership shadowing and supervision
The Changeworks approach has been developed from over 15,000 hours of coaching people and teams in organisations as well as over 10 years teaching others to coach. Our approach is founded in theory and research and we have all contributed fully to the growing field of coaching through research and publications.
- Is a series of solution-focussed conversations that clarify and strengthen the connection between a leader’s potential, their purpose and vision and its connection to the purpose of organisation,
- Is a reflection-to-action process in service of the coachee,
- Involves listening deeply and honouring the problems faced in everyday work,
- Is a constant dance between challenge and support,
- An independent sounding board space for senior executives,
- Empowers a coachee to move towards learning and action.
- Enhances productivity and complex decision making
- It facilitates and monitoring learning, change and action.
- Leads to people to learn and make changes quickly.
Changeworks coaching enhances leadership, clarifies a person’s purpose and vision and maximises performance as well as having a flow-on effect into the organisation.
HOW TO ENGAGE
Organisational coaching involves one-to-one sessions based on a shared understanding between the coach, coachee and the organisation of the purpose of the coaching.
1. One-to-one Coaching:
- An initial contact with the sponsor of the coaching and a contract
- If appropriate a three way meeting between coach, coachee and sponsor to establish the common goal and purpose of the coaching
- A series (6-10) 1 hour sessions, reflective learning and follow-up.
- If appropriate a three way completion session with coach, coachee and sponsor.
2. Team coaching
- Initial meeting with sponsor to establish purpose and goals
- One-to-one interviews with all team members
- Presence at a team meeting with observations about the approach
- Feedback to sponsor and team about the approach
- Establish a common model for change and common language and intervention preferences.
- Attend 6-10 meetings.
- Completion with team.
3. Workshops: A Coaching Approach for Leaders
Only 36% of Australian leaders are seen as being effective (DDI). For 60% of those it is because they ignore relationships. Yet enabling the success of subordinates is the key role of leaders
Relationship is not just courtesy and pleasantries. It is about being honest and reflective, with sensitivity and compassion. More than speaking and telling, it means questions and listening, to begin seeing things in new ways, other people’s ways. Leaders who adopt a coaching approach are effective in these skills.
A Coaching Approach offers a sounding board and it challenges: listening, not passively, but to elicit new possibilities, the potential hidden by the taken-for-granted routines of everyday working life.Using a coaching approach with reports and a team encourages talent; introducing stretch goals and a new, often liberating, understanding and basis for action.
A Coaching Approach to Leadership is one/two day experiential program that teaches leaders to adopt a coaching approach in their leadership. This program is targeted, practical and people will leave the day able to immediately adopt the skills in their workplace.